December 22, 2021
As Russia-Ukraine tensions rise, RAND Company’s specialists can be found to debate the newest developments, in addition to how the U.S. and its European allies are collaborating to handle potential threats. To rearrange an interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Samuel Charap, senior political scientist—experience within the overseas insurance policies of Russia and the previous Soviet states, European and Eurasian regional safety, U.S.-Russia deterrence, strategic stability and arms management. Co-author of Everybody Loses: The Ukraine Disaster and the Ruinous Contest for Put up-Soviet Eurasia. Charap beforehand served on the U.S. State Division’s Coverage Planning Employees, masking Russia and Eurasia.
- Dara Massicot, senior coverage researcher—experience in protection and safety points in Russia and Eurasia, particularly Russian navy technique, fight operations and escalation dynamics
- Elina Treyger, political scientist and legal professional—experience in Russian overseas coverage, strategic competitors, disinformation and propaganda
- William Courtney, adjunct senior fellow—Former U.S. Ambassador to Kazakhstan, Georgia and the U.S.-Soviet Bilateral Consultative Fee to implement the Threshold Take a look at Ban Treaty. Courtney additionally served as particular assistant to the president for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia.
- Alyssa Demus, senior coverage analyst—experience in Central and Japanese European safety and political points, using data efforts to affect populations, deterrence, and decisionmaking in nationwide safety and overseas coverage. A lot of Demus’ work focuses on Ukraine and she or he is fluent in Ukrainian.
- Andrew Radin, political scientist—experience in Ukraine safety sector reform. Lead creator of Understanding Russian Subversion and China-Russia Cooperation experiences.
- Mike Mazarr, senior political scientist—experience in Nice Energy rivalries, U.S. protection coverage and drive construction, disinformation and knowledge manipulation. Lead creator of Stabilizing Nice-Energy Rivalries report.
- J.D. Williams, senior protection researcher—experience in Russian navy technique, doctrine and forces, NATO coverage and forces, naval and amphibious warfare, intelligence assortment and evaluation
- Scott Boston, senior protection analyst—experience in Russian navy capabilities and floor drive ideas and modernization
To rearrange an interview, contact the RAND Workplace of Media Relations:
(703) 414-4795 or
(310) 451-6913, or
ship an e mail to email@example.com.